Just came across this “25 Random Share” on my Facebook page. I wrote it in January 2009, about two weeks before Elliott Quinn was born, everyone was doing them at the time (it was peer pressure and boredom on a snow day that made me do it). I found it interesting; some things I still do, some things I’ve outgrown, some fears didn’t come true, and some things are exactly the same. You figure out which one is which…
1. I love to make lists. Sometimes I make lists and include things I’ve already done just so I can feel like I’m accomplishing things.
2. I think my husband is the funniest person in the world. And most of the time he’s not trying to be funny, he’s being serious. Which makes it even funnier.
3. I constantly pick my nose while driving. And I don’t find it embarrassing if people see me. Everyone has boogers–get over it.
4. I love my dog a LOT. And I hope that doesn’t change when I have my baby because that would make me sad for my dog.
5. Being on time is against my religion. Even when I get ready early I always find something else to do before I leave…like watch TV or clean up the kitchen.
6. My master’s program will be over in six months and I’m still afraid of getting an email one day that says they accidently let me in and i’ve just wasted a year of my life. I feel very out of place there.
7. Sometimes I throw things away that I know I will need later just because I hate clutter and don’t know where to put it at the time.
8. I have “accidently lost” shirts of Chris’ that I don’t want him to wear anymore. He just finally said something about one of them this weekend and it’s been gone since Thanksgiving.
9. Just for fun, I wish I could go back and relive my freshman year of high school. It was so much fun, and carefree and stupid and hilarious. I loved being a freshman more than I did being a senior. Except for the David Neilan part, I could do without that…
10. I hate teaching middle school. And I hate it even more that people think I’m good at my job and so they give me more responsibility–and I can’t say no.
11. We have to buy a second car soon and even though I hate the idea of it, I think we’re going to buy a mini-van. But I secretly think it would be funny to own one. But I would be embarrassed to drive it. Catch-22.
12. Even though I have a HORRIBLE voice, when I’m alone in the car, I pretend that I can sing really well and sometimes it brings a tear to my eye how awesome it sounds. But then I do the trick where you plug your ears and you can really hear yourself and I realize I still suck.
13. Sometimes I daydream about the fat kid across the street that broke our window (on purpose) this summer and all the torturous things I would do to him. I don’t think I’ve hated a person as much as I hate that kid.
14. If I could do any job in the world I would do one of two things: open a bakery and bake delicious things all day or be a personal organizer. Nothing makes me happier than organizing things.
15. I have an unhealthy obsession with House, MD. I wish he were real and my doctor. He could deliver my baby and then we could get married. Chris said it would be okay.
16. I handle all the finances, all the shopping, all the bills, all the responsibilities in our marriage. If I died, Chris would have no idea how much money we have, what bank it is at, what bills would have to be paid, or even where our life insurance policies are…I have tried to tell him all these things and he just doesn’t care.
17. I’m afraid my baby is going to have a lazy eye and it will be all my fault.
18. When I start reading a book I can do nothing until it is finished. I stay in bed and read, don’t shower, and if I have to go somewhere I take the book with me (I even once tried reading while driving). I can’t stand not knowing what happens next.
19. I’m afraid to clean the tops of my doors–I can see the dust, it’s been there since we moved in a year and a half ago and it drives me crazy, but I’m afraid to actually clean it.
20. Ten years ago, I would have never predicted this would be my life.
21. One of my new favorite things to do is sit on Christine’s couch with stacks of celebrity gossip magazines and talk about them like we know them. This is a guilty pleasure I will never tire of.
22. I hate feet with a passion. I don’t care how cute you think yours are–they’re not.
23. On occasion I buy jewelry I know I will never wear just because I think it will look pretty hanging in my closet.
24. If people would just do what I say all the time, the world would be a much happier place. I truly believe this.
25. If I could eat Egg Roll #1 everyday, I would. I love that place and their pad thai with chicken extra spicy. I have them on speed dial and they know my voice when I call.