Liebster Blog award

I am so honored to have been given the Liebster Blog award by Laura at Our Reflection.

Our Reflection

What is the Liebster Blog award, you ask.  That is a great question.  Well, off the top of my head, I know that liebster means “favorite” in German.  And by “off the top of my head” I mean I googled it like any good teacher would.  When you are awarded the Liebster Blog award, you are someone’s favorite blog and they want to spread the news about what you do.  That’s some pretty awesome stuff right there.
Are you just as shocked as I am that someone thinks this blog is a favorite?  Join the club.  Join the club.
But seriously, I’m very honored that Laura thought of me.  Thanks Laura!
So the rules of getting the Liebster Blog are that I have to pass it along to five other blogs (with followers under 200).  That’s a lot of pressure, but I think I’ve come up with some blogs you’re going to like (if you don’t already know about them).  Enjoy!
-Kelly @ Confessions of a Kitchen Failure
This is a food blog about Kelly’s adventures (and misadventures) in the kitchen.  She shares recipes, tips, and opinions about food in a no-nonsense way which I like.  I don’t think you should be fussy about food and that’s what I like about Kelly.

-Lacey @ Little Miss Nerd Girl
I met Lacey recently through a gift swap and feel like I’ve known her forever already.  She’s a busy mom, student, reader, and writer.  All things I relate to and I love reading her honest take on life. (She has more than 200 followers, but I wanted her on my list anyway.  Get over it.)

-Lori @ A Little Bit French
Lori writes about history and the past in such a beautiful way that you can’t help but be a little hopeful about the future.  She recently moved to the country to live on her family’s farm and is restoring buildings, planting things, and buying animals.  I love reading stories from her.

-Cristi @ Azzurro Blu
Living in Italy with her family as missionaries, Cristi (a photographer) tells a beautiful story whether she is using words or pictures.  Cristi also happens to be the photographer at my wedding, but I’d say she’s amazing even if I didn’t have the wedding pictures to show for it.  Cristi, her faith, and her pictures are breathtaking.

-Becky @ One Strong Chickadee
Becky is on a mission to get into shape and get healthy.  I love reading her struggles and triumphs, her truth and her encouragements.  She’s kicking some major butt this year and I’m so excited to see where she goes.

Alright, there they are, my nominees.  That’s a pretty random bunch of blogs, but that’s how I am as a reader, definitely all over the place.  So stop by their blogs and tell them Mary at Trusty Chucks sent you!

Comments

1. says

Hey! I’m up there, thanks! haha There are some blogs that sound really interesting on your list and I am definitely going to check them out.

2. says

You are right, we ARE soul sisters! I loved exploring your blog and the blog recommendations that you gave for the liebster award look fantastic! Someday we will have to talk all things English. I love meeting new English teachers to see what they are teaching in their classrooms. Where do you teach? I bet we could talk horror stories for hours. And yes, it is the worst and the best job!

By the way, I LOVE that you named your daughter Harper. I totally want to name one of my baby girls Harper mostly because I love TKAM so dang much. By brother gave his kid the middle name of Atticus. Doesn’t get much better than that!

bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

3. says

You are a Liebchen! (I lived in Germany for 12 years . . . I know some German, Graham-bo-lina!)
    That is so cute you a Blogademy Award! I’m making up my own award and awarding it to a bunch of people right now. . . it won’t legit like the one you received but it might a few people smile!

4. says

Pam: making up your own awards is brilliant idea. You better post them today, I’m going to check.

Bonnie: That is exactly why we named our daughter Harper. I’m such a literary dork–all my children have author names. :) I have a friend who named her son Atticus. Love it!

5. says

You are seriously so sweet. I am always flabbergasted that someone reads my blog. I’m befuddled that someone likes to read it. Thank you sooooo much Mary!

PS: Aren’t those words so fun to say?

6. says

Mary you are awesome! Thank you! My Liebster awards will be my first post when I’m through re-vamping A little bit French. I upgraded the design and I kindof hate it now.