dagger

(dress: Target, belt: T.J. Maxx, sandals: Target)
Yesterday it was 80+ degrees in Indianapolis.  Beautiful.
Chris worked in the evening so it was just me and the girls.  We did a little thrift shopping and then stopped by the park on the way home.
As we were getting ready to leave, two teenage boys were sitting on a picnic table smoking and yelling curse words (specifically the F word and the S word) for no reason.  They were just sitting at the park next to the playground smoking and yelling bad words.  Ahh, to be a dumb teenager again.
Just kidding, I don’t want to be a dumb teenager again.
As we passed them to head to the car, they continued yelling inappropriate words.  And with my eleven month old it wasn’t something that was going to stick, but Ellie is three and repeats everything she hears.  Everything
And I know this from experience.
So I asked them to stop yelling those words around kids, it was immature and inappropriate.  One didn’t like my request and let me know.  Being with middle schoolers all day, this was not a shock or something I couldn’t handle.
But here’s what I could not handle: the other kid replied to my request with an embarrassed and apologetic “yes ma’am.”
Yes ma’am.
The worst insult of all time.  I looked at those boys who were probably about 16 or 17 and thought I’m about 10 years older than them–not too much older.
They look at me as a mom with two kids at the park.  An adult, a ma’am.
Maybe I just should have let them keep yelling.

pleated poppy

Momma Go Round

10 Comments on dagger

1. Mindie Hilton
    March 21, 2012 at 2:24 am (2 years ago)

You look great! If you ever want somewhere else to link and strut your stuff join us at Bacon Time for the weekly fri-monday anything goes linke. I can’t wait to wear sandals again here in northern cal.

2. Katie
    March 21, 2012 at 2:31 am (2 years ago)

that is incredibly annoying about those boys! good for you for saying something – too bad they didn’t respond well! I LOVE this dress – you look beautiful!! and I also want your hair. : )

3. Melaina25
    March 21, 2012 at 10:54 am (2 years ago)

I’m jealous it was 80 degrees! I would have totally yelled at those kids, too. I’ve had to do it with 10-11 year olds before :(

4. mary
    March 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Katie, when I decided to cut it off, it’s yours. :)

5. Chandra
    March 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm (2 years ago)

Love how you’ve cinched this cute little dress at the waist with a belt…the perfect spring outfit! New to your blog and glad to have found your little spot on the web:D

6. Gina
    March 21, 2012 at 3:07 pm (2 years ago)

This dress looks so good on you! Is it a recent Target find?? I think I need it for summer :).

7. mary
    March 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm (2 years ago)

Gina: yep, I just got it a week or two ago. The link is under the last picture. It’s really comfortable, you’ll love it!

8. Laura Ingalls Gunn
    March 21, 2012 at 4:04 pm (2 years ago)

Love and adore your outfit and enthusiasm! Thank you for providing such fashionable inspiration.

Have a well dressed day!