Another Christmas-themed high five for Friday, what a surprise.
In the spirit of the David Letterman Show, my top
ten five favorite moments of the week:
5. Elliott’s Christmas program at her preschool. It’s embarrassing how giddy I get during this. And seriously, my daughter is the cutest three year old in the world.
4. Christmas morning at home. This was the first time since Chris and I have been married (so six Christmases) that we got to just be at home on Christmas morning. For those of you that get this pleasure every year, I’m extremely envious. Obligations keep us super-busy the week of Christmas but due to an unexpected illness (see #1) and my sister’s daughters spending Christmas morning with their dad, we got to spend a lazy morning at home. My parents and brother stopped by to check out the girls presents and then later, Chris’ mom came for a visit. It was relaxed and slow and what we want to do every year.
3. The day after Christmas came our first big snow in a few years. Our city told us to stay off the roads and we oblidged. We got a cozy day at home while a snow storm raged (we ended up with about 8 inches–great way to break in the snow suits and boots Santa brought the girls!). It was the perfect day-after-Christmas spent playing with new toys, watching movies, and cleaning up the tornado that is Christmas day.
2. Chris and I don’t really do Christmas presents for each other–it’s normally something big for both of us (a new TV, a shiny new garage door!) but I did manage to score a pretty awesome scarf under the tree this year. I love Target. Oh, and Chris Graham.
1. We spent Sunday and Monday with a severely sick three year old. By Sunday night she had been throwing up for over twelve hours and our on-call doctor told us to head to the ER. Once we were at our local children’s hospital, they hooked her up to some IVs and then admitted her because of some concerns over her blood sugar levels. We made it home on Christmas Eve afternoon and we still able to hit most of our Christmas gatherings with a tired, but fully recovered, preschooler. It was the best Christmas present ever.
I hope your holiday was amazing–we still have three more to go and then we’ll be done.
Linking up with High Five for Friday with From My Grey Desk blog.