sing it, sister.

(blazer: thrifted, leggings & button down: Kohls, boots: Target)
I can’t tell you how awesome it is to put a blazer with leggings and pretend it’s a work-appropriate outfit.  I’m really good at pretending.
When I was younger, I used to pretend I was a world famous singer.  Normally, my concerts were performed while swinging on the swing set in my parents’ backyard.
I remember making up the most beautiful songs known to man. So beautiful that I would then make myself cry.
I was well known for making myself cry while making up songs.  My family still makes fun of me for it.
There’s one song, about Captain Kangaroo, that I still remember.  I would share it with you, but your mind would explode from its beauty.
Or from the pain of listening to me sing.
It’s a coin toss, really.
/////
You know what shouldn’t be a coin toss? Visiting The Sapphire Bee’s blog. You’ll be hooked!

16 Comments on sing it, sister.

1. Lena B, Actually
    January 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm (1 year ago)

Ah! You keep getting cuter & cuter! Love the blazer… when I was younger, I would always pretend I was being interviewed, you know… for being famous. lol!

2. Carly @ Texas Lovebirds
    January 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm (1 year ago)

I need that blazer in my life.

Also, I love that you had pretend concerts. I used to pretend that I was being interviewed from MTV Cribs so I’d walk around showing a fake camera man my house. Am I showing how young I am by making that statement? Oops. Don’t make fun of me.

3. Anonymous
    January 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm (1 year ago)

You look great lady! I love that outfit, you just simply amaze me. FYI I have been following you for quite some time and like to comment as Anonymous but i think i will start leaving my name.

FFAE – Melissa T. =)

4. Melissa Knott
    January 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm (1 year ago)

That outfit is too cute! I nominated you for the Liebster today :)
    Tiedtheknott.com

5. Lisa Carney
    January 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm (1 year ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit. I keep trying to pull a cute leggings outfit off but it doesn’t ever seem to happen. I need a cute blazer! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa C. @ Ginkgo Street

6. Niki Caron
    January 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm (1 year ago)

I love animal print and red together!!

7. Jessi
    January 16, 2013 at 8:19 pm (1 year ago)

So cute! I love the red and leopard together and you can never go wrong throwing on a blazer! They’re my favorite :)
    Visiting from WIWW.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

8. Danielle
    January 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm (1 year ago)

I am in love with that blazer and it’s lovely gold buttons. I make it a point to comment on blogs that make me laugh, so here I am commenting. I used to throw a tall laundry basket over my head (do you remember the kind with little holes on the sides in the shape of neat designs?). I’d talk through the fun-shaped holes and pretend I was on TV.

-Danielle

9. Ruth Alvarez
    January 16, 2013 at 11:44 pm (1 year ago)

Ah. I enjoyed your story. We are probably the funniest when we were kids. We have no shame. But I must say, I love it. I still pretend im a world famous singer.

your blazer is beautiful and so is your shirt and your bun! bun head :)

10. Amanda Cobb
    January 17, 2013 at 12:58 am (1 year ago)

Haha, that story is too funny. But that blazer is amazing. You look fabulous. :)

11. Brittany Michelle
    January 17, 2013 at 2:55 am (1 year ago)

I love this outfit! The red with the animal print — totally perfect!

Brittany Michelle
    blog.thesapphirebee.com

12. Amy Bennett
    January 17, 2013 at 3:35 am (1 year ago)

Oh I like the blazer with the leggings!

13. CC
    January 18, 2013 at 12:55 am (1 year ago)

So cute and comfy looking! Rocking a blazer and boots with leggings is the best professional (and yet still comfy as jammies) outfit ever! ;)