sing it, sister.

(blazer: thrifted, leggings & button down: Kohls, boots: Target)
I can’t tell you how awesome it is to put a blazer with leggings and pretend it’s a work-appropriate outfit.  I’m really good at pretending.
When I was younger, I used to pretend I was a world famous singer.  Normally, my concerts were performed while swinging on the swing set in my parents’ backyard.
I remember making up the most beautiful songs known to man. So beautiful that I would then make myself cry.
I was well known for making myself cry while making up songs.  My family still makes fun of me for it.
There’s one song, about Captain Kangaroo, that I still remember.  I would share it with you, but your mind would explode from its beauty.
Or from the pain of listening to me sing.
It’s a coin toss, really.
/////
You know what shouldn’t be a coin toss? Visiting The Sapphire Bee’s blog. You’ll be hooked!

Comments

1. says

I need that blazer in my life.

Also, I love that you had pretend concerts. I used to pretend that I was being interviewed from MTV Cribs so I’d walk around showing a fake camera man my house. Am I showing how young I am by making that statement? Oops. Don’t make fun of me.

2. Anonymous says

You look great lady! I love that outfit, you just simply amaze me. FYI I have been following you for quite some time and like to comment as Anonymous but i think i will start leaving my name.

FFAE – Melissa T. =)

3. says

LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit. I keep trying to pull a cute leggings outfit off but it doesn’t ever seem to happen. I need a cute blazer! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa C. @ Ginkgo Street

4. says

So cute! I love the red and leopard together and you can never go wrong throwing on a blazer! They’re my favorite :)
    Visiting from WIWW.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

5. says

I am in love with that blazer and it’s lovely gold buttons. I make it a point to comment on blogs that make me laugh, so here I am commenting. I used to throw a tall laundry basket over my head (do you remember the kind with little holes on the sides in the shape of neat designs?). I’d talk through the fun-shaped holes and pretend I was on TV.

-Danielle

6. says

So cute and comfy looking! Rocking a blazer and boots with leggings is the best professional (and yet still comfy as jammies) outfit ever! ;)