(polka dot pants: Kohls, blouse: Marshalls, heels: Target, necklace: Lisa Leonard Designs)
At my 6th grade basketball awards ceremony, I got the coveted “In Your Face” award for having the most blocks that season.
It was one of my finer moments and all due to skill and not the fact that I was just taller than everyone else.
I’m sure of it.
As a sophomore in high school, I earned the “Most Improved Writer” award with my friend Ryan for a couple hard-hitting pieces we did for our school’s newspaper. One being on where to get the most burger for your money. We had a fancy graphic and everything. It was groundbreaking and saved tens of teens fifteen to twenty cents.
So it’s probably no surprise to everyone (read: my mom), that I received another award a couple weeks ago.
The awesome Lena at Lena B, Actually, nominated me for this award. There are rules and obligations to this award, but I’m not very good at following the rules. So I’m just doing the part I want to do which is sharing seven random facts about myself because who doesn’t like to talk about themselves as much as possible, right?
1. I talk in my sleep all the time. I used to sleepwalk pretty frequently too, but haven’t done it in years. Although, I have recently started sleephitting. It’s obviously lots of fun to sleep in a bed with me.
2. I’m tongue-tied, literally. Look it up for weird pictures.
3. If you don’t know me in real life, you probably can’t tell by pictures, but I’m really tall, like 5’11”. At some point after I turned 30, I realized that I wasn’t getting any younger and if I wanted to wear heels, I needed to do it now. So I’ve been buying and wearing heels ever since. And I don’t regret it one bit even if I’m occasionally 6’2”.
4. I don’t care what time of year it is, I only take scalding hot showers. Like burn-your-skin-off hot. They are glorious.
5. I am addicted to diet Mt. Dew. You don’t want to know how many I drink every day. (three to four)
6. I can’t tell you the last time I did a load of laundry. Some of you just had a heart attack with that sentence, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I did laundry. I know it was sometime in July, but not specifics. Because Chris is a stay-at-home dad and I work full time (and more), it’s his responsibility to wash, dry, and put away clothes. I’m not going to lie, it’s magical and I don’t miss dirty clothes one teeny tiny bit.
7. I am obsessively neat and tidy. My house is never messy. It might be dusty, but never messy. I am constantly picking up after my children (and husband and dog), straightening books, fluffing pillows, and putting up toys. It’s a sickness really. But on the plus side, my house is always ready for company.
So what do you think? Do you have any deep dark secret you need to share? Can you at least come up with something weird so I don’t feel like such a freak right now?